Trustwave Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape for Managed Security Services in Canada
CHICAGO – March 26, 2018 – Trustwave today announced that industry analyst firm International Data Corporation (IDC) has named Trustwave a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Canadian Security Services Providers, 2018 Vendor Assessment. The report assessed and compared 17 managed security services providers (MSSPs) with operations and customers in Canada and was based on company growth, strategic partnerships, go-to-market capabilities and buyer perception.
“Managed security services (MSS) will play a critical role as Canadian businesses struggle contending with rapidly evolving cyberthreats and marked shortages of security talent,” stated Michael Sims, Vice President and Country Manager for Canada at Trustwave. “Our positioning as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for MSS in Canada, a report that reflects customer perception, is a testament to our leading approach to combine best-in-class security technologies with pioneering threat intelligence and elite security expertise. We have made significant strides in Canada, an important market, as we continue global expansion and are proud of the IDC MarketScape’s recognition.”
Significant Trustwave managed security services milestones in 2017 included:
- Increased Services – Trustwave unveiled a highly advanced threat hunting service to compliment and bolster its Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services. By leveraging Trustwave SpiderLabs, a team of renowned security experts, and global network of Advanced Security Operation Centers, our threat hunters proactively identify and remediate cyberthreats before catastrophic damage can occur.
- Waterloo Advanced Security Operations Center Growth – Adding to Canada’s “mission control” center through which Trustwave delivers MSS, threat monitoring and up-to-the second threat intelligence to customers, Trustwave grew staff and added technical and support capabilities to better serve Canadian businesses and government agencies.
- Strategic Partnerships – Building on the success of an international growth strategy to offer managed security services to markets worldwide, Trustwave forged several new Canadian-based partnerships and distribution deals, including a new relationship with Uniserve Communications Corporation. These additions add to an already impressive roster of partners ranging from service providers including Canada’s largest telecommunications provider and Communitech, a private-public innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies from startups to scale-ups to large global players among many others.
- Trustwave SpiderLabs Growth – Trustwave added firepower to its elite team of security researchers, penetration testers, incident responders, threat hunters, and engineers in Canada. In addition to serving as the threat intelligence backbone of Trustwave Managed Security Services, Trustwave SpiderLabs was responsible for discovering several new threats, reverse engineering malware variants, and leading public disclosure of multiple hardware and software vulnerabilities.
- Enhanced Channel Program – Trustwave announced significant enhancements to its global channel partner program by incorporating robust training regimens and curriculums to help Canada-based resellers better understand the nuances of region-specific security challenges and articulate advantages offered through the managed security services model.
“Strong revenue growth in security services is increasing competition among Canadian players as value added resellers and system integrators double down on security as their traditional markets slow,” said IDC Canada’s Kevin Lonergan, senior analyst and lead for the Canadian Security Market Dynamics research program. “Still, digital transformation, cloud, and mobility are expanding organizations’ attack surfaces to an evolving threat landscape, creating ample opportunities and Greenfield growth for all.”
The IDC MarketScape studied 17 organizations that offer managed security services (MSS) in Canada, although several of the study participants including Trustwave deliver services worldwide. Through in-depth interviews with organizations offering MSS and with customers, IDC MarketScape criteria centered on current capabilities and future strategies for service delivery, growth, research and development and more.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. More than three million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper® cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.